Monday, March 8, 2010

Another week went by...

So another week of not eating right went by. I did so good last Monday, and then the rest of the week was a fail. I don't really know what happened. I guess I just felt like I had no motivation. But yesterday was a beautiful day - sunny and almost warm (compared to the chilly winter we've been having here in New York), and it made me think of spring and summer. Suddenly, I got scared. It's the beginning of March, and the winter went by extremely fast. This only makes me realize that in 2 months time, I will be laying in the sand at the beach with all of my friends and other people I do not know practically naked in a bikini. Needless to say, it scared the shit out of me. At the moment, I don't even go out in short-sleeved shirts because of how much I hate my body. I've been hiding in black leggings and long sleeved shirts all winter long, but I can't do that in the summer. And there's no way I am spending the summer worrying about how I look. Let's get that over with now.

So today, I am really ready to start eating healthy and working out. Tomorrow I even have the time to go to my favorite classes at the gym without waking up early, so I need to take advantage of that. And I'm trying to cut down the eating at the internship. I bought all my own food today! I'm very proud of myself. Yesterday, me and my mom bought some containers for food that have freezer gel in them so they keep the food cold all day. We found a perfect one for salads, so now I get the double bonus of making my own healthy salad and saving a little money instead of buying one.

Today I brought in baby carrots with hummus for dipping, a salad with some walnuts, Asiago cheese and balsamic vinagerette, a Fiber-1 granola bar, and a 100-calorie bag of mini caramel dipped rice cakes for when I have a sweet tooth craving. I had the granola bar for breakfast... when I got here, they had actually ordered breakfast for the office, so there were dishes of all kinds of yummy breakfast indulgences. Even though I desperately wanted the hash browns, I stayed away, instead just filling a small plate with fruit and melon. I had the granola bar and a non-fat vanilla latte a little bit later. I'm going to have my salad for lunch in a few minutes and then I'll probably munch on the carrots and save the rice cakes for around 4 or 5 in the afternoon when I start to get hungry again.

I feel pretty good about bringing in my own food. I think I'm going to start just bringing in enough money for my train ticket and my morning coffee, that way I'm not tempted to buy something. The only problem with that though is that I then worry about being in the city with no money. Maybe I'll carry a few extra dollars on me, but I think it would be a good idea to try to just bring in exactly what I need.

I hope I can do good today! I really do. I want to be proud of my body when it comes time to put a bathing suit on... I don't want to feel fatter than everyone else. I'm going to try so hard, and I will think of the summertime every step of the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment