Tuesday, April 20, 2010

So I'm pretty proud of myself for how I did yesterday. I didn't cheat, and it felt fantastic! After I wrote, I managed to keep myself pretty busy, and succeeded, so I didn't eat anything else. I did have a tall Starbucks vanilla nonfat latte, though, so that counts as my snack. 


Sure enough, when I got home, I was STARVED. I was so hungry I wanted to raid the kitchen and eat everything. Instead, as I was waiting for dinner, I had a few handfuls of that granola I was talking about. For dinner, I had corn, roasted potatoes, and a veggie burger. Not too bad, I don't think. 


I did Wii Fit for the first time after dinner. GOD that thing made me depressed! I'll only admit this on here, but my age according to the Wii was 40. That's disgusting!!!!! And I was not at all happy with my weight or my BMI. So I will now be using the Wii on nights when I get home from my internship, or days I don't have time to go to the gym. It's not a huge calorie burner, but it's better than nothing. I worked out for about a half hour, doing strength training and yoga. I was actually very surprised by how sore I felt afterwards. I didn't think it would really work, but I guess I was wrong. I had a cherry Italian Ice as I watched a movie. 


Today I have been doing pretty well also. I finally made it to the gym! I worked out pretty hard on the elliptical for a half hour and then did some weights, focusing on my arms since I had just worked out my legs before and last night. When I came home, I was once again starving, but I fought off the cravings to eat everything in sight. I made scrambled eggs with cheese on an English muffin, and also had an apple with peanut butter. I was still hungry after, so I had 3 plain rice cakes. I'm not eating again until right before work, and maybe I'll have a little something after work, depending on how hungry I am. 


Tomorrow I plan on hitting the gym again and continuing to eat better. I already feel so much better about myself. Last night, I didn't go to sleep feeling disgusted with myself and with what I had eaten. I didn't go to sleep with a stomach ache either. I went to sleep feeling good about what I had eaten. I want to feel that way every night. The sense of accomplishment makes me so happy. I don't want to give that away just for some fattening foods! I'll write later to make sure I stay on track! 

No comments:

Post a Comment