Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 2, Part 1

Hello, hello!

So last night I ended up finishing off the night pretty well. I was proud of myself, because I kind of really wanted a yummy ice cream sundae. But I didn't give in!

Dinner:
2 bowls of homemade vegetable soup.

I came home and my mom had made me a huge pot of vegetable/barley soup. I'm a vegetarian, so sometimes it's harder for me to find something to eat for a quick dinner - everyone else in my family eats meat. So I thought it was great that she made me the soup. It was just a bunch of vegetables, some potatoes, and barley in a vegetable broth that my mom made with water, a jar of tomato paste and some vegetable boullions. It was really delicious and I feel like it couldn't have had that much calories. The barley made it a little bit more filling then if it was just vegetables.

After dinner, I have to say that I was pretty satisfied. But I ended up having 3 cookies - they're these Trader Joes cookies, kind of like Oreos but made with a peppermint filling instead. They're SO GOOD and they only sell them around the holidays - so I felt like I should treat myself! Anyway, they were small. And that was all I ate for the rest of the night!

Now, onto today.

Breakfast:
-3 egg whites scrambled with baby spinach and 1 wedge of Laughing Cow cheese.

Now, what I really wanted for breakfast was Dunkin Donuts - a yummy strawberry donut and a gingerbread latte. But, just as I thought, okay I'll pick one up, I remembered my diet. And I didn't get it! This breakfast was really good and satisfying, but next time I definitely need to add something more to it - it wasn't enough to keep me full for a while.

Lunch:
-Salad made with romaine, asiago cheese, walnuts, tuna, roasted red peppers, and oil and vinegar.

Snack:
-1 orange.

Okay, if I'm going to be honest, and I should be - I snacked on some chocolate cookies. =x I know I know but it's hard going from eating everything I want to eating so healthy, even though it's just Day 2! But I swear I'm trying harder.

Tonight I have a movie premiere, so I'll be eating dinner early... I'm probably going to have 2 more bowls of that vegetable soup, and I know I'm going to end up getting coffee, but I'll try to make it a nonfat latte. Snack-wise, I should be good, although I think I'll bring a granola bar for the train ride home later just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment