Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 2

Last night wasn't terrible. After lunch, what I really wanted was some kind of dessert -- instead, I got a big fruit salad and a hazelnut coffee. The fruit salad was delicious -- I can't wait for the summer so fruit is in season and I can make my own at home! For the train ride home I was starving. Even though I really wanted a bag of fresh popcorn from Penn Station, I got dried apples and a Luna bar. Both kept me full through dinner -- my mom made vegetarian chili and I only had one bowl.

The vegetarian chili my mom makes is so yummy! It has all kinds of beans and is made with bulger wheat, so it's super super filling. All you need is a little cheese on top and it's a perfect warm meal. Since becoming a vegetarian, there are some things that I really miss, and chili has always been one of them. But this vegetarian one is almost as good!

Today had a great start.
For breakfast, I had a sliced pear, a sliced banana and 2 egg whites. It was really good, I love having fruit for breakfast! I also had a bowl of dried vanilla almond Special K and a cup of hazelnut coffee. I kind of wish I had skipped the cereal, but it did all keep me full.

I am now craving a big healthy salad! I LOVE when I crave healthy foods! I'm going to run to the food store and buy some avocados and olives and some other yummy things to put in the salad. I also want to make something super healthy for dinner -- but no ideas yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment