Thursday, January 7, 2010

busy as a little bee

I think I did a decent job today. 


What I Ate Today: 
Breakfast: was in a rush to make my train, and it was too early for me to eat, so I just grabbed something quick. 
-Fiber One strawberry granola bar (by the way, these are DELISH. I'm not a huge fan of granola bars, but I love these! Everyone should try them!) 
-triple grande nonfat vanilla latte from Starbucks 


Lunch: I put a lot of space in between lunch and breakfast. I try not to snack between those meals, because I'm most hungry in the afternoon, so I save my calories until then. 
-Salad: spinach leaves, walnuts, artichoke hearts and chickpeas, and a little bit of Parmesan cheese with balsamic vinagerette. 
-small piece of pumpernickel bread. 


Snack: 
-Craisins, pretzel thins, and white chocolate chips mixed together. I got the recipe from that 100-Calorie Snack Cookbook, but I ate a little bit more than one serving. It was nice to have something sweet though. 


Dinner: 
-whole wheat penne pasta with fresh broccoli and asparagus and some walnuts in a little oil and garlic. Very yummy! Broccoli is one of my favorite foods, and whole wheat pasta with veggies is one of my fav meals! Always fills me up and leaves me satisfied =) 


Water: 
1 16 ounce water bottle. :-/ 


Basically, I need more water, but other than that, I think I did a good job today. I wanted to save a snack for after dinner, like some popcorn, but I have kind of a stomach ache. Normally, I would force myself to eat the snack. I don't know why I do that, but I guess it's because I spend the whole day telling myself I can have it later, and I don't want to disappoint myself? I don't know, but I hate that I do that. Eating when you're not hungry only stretches your stomach! So I'm proud of myself that I didn't force myself to eat. 


No exercise today, and no exercise yesterday. I'm being a bit of a bum this week. I haven't exactly been feeling up to par, and yesterday my throat hurt and I was super sore from the gym the day before. Excuses, excuses. I promise myself I will be up early tomorrow for Step and Total Body!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment