Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Drunk Munchies

What I Ate for the end of Yesterday: 
Lunch: 
No lunch. Was running around like a maniac and didn't have time. 
Bad idea. I was starving the rest of the night and am convinced that wouldn't have happened if I had had some lunch. 


Snacks: 
-2 plain, salted rice cakes. 
-Melba Snack toasts with 1 Laughing Cow cheese wedge. 
-Fiber 1 granola bar. 
-handful of pretzels. 


Dinner: 
-2 bowls of minestrone soup that I made homemade. 


Yesterday wasn't too horrible, except for the mindless snacking before dinner. But I think that happened because I didn't eat lunch. It wasn't that they weren't healthy snacks, but there were just too many of them. 


The minestrone soup I made last night was absolutely DELISH and def going into my favorite recipe pile. Plus, it was low-fat. I used this recipe: the best minestrone ever, from Cooking Light. I recommend that everyone try it. The soup is ALL vegetables, and the only fattening thing in it is the pasta - which you really don't need much of, because the veggies are so delicious. I substituted vegetable broth for the chicken broth and it came out just as yummy! 


Also last night I went out to the bar with some friends. Usually going to the bar is my downfall, because along with a few harmless drinks inevitably comes the drunk munchies. And my bar of choice is conveniently located right next door to a 7-11. Every time me and my friends leave there, we always wind up in Sevs, grabbing the junkiest of junk foods we can find to scarf down and hopefully soak up that alcohol. And I always do it because my guard is down when I'm drunk! 


But I'm happy to report that I did not give in to the drunk cravings last night =) At the bar, I had 2 glasses of Miller Lite and one very fruity lime green shot, so I don't think I did that horrible. Although next time I go out, I will def get some vodka/cranberries... much less calories than beer, but I can't pass up $2 taps! Anyway, I had those drinks and was feeling a little buzzed after my shot (yes I am the biggest lightweight ever, don't judge), and when it was time to go home, I desperately wanted something to eat. I thought about Swanson frozen mac and cheese, which is my absolute favoriteeee drunk food. I thought about nacho cheese Dorritos on a buttered roll from 7-11 (don't knock it until you try it - its incredibly delicious when your wasted). But I didn't get those things or anything else. Actually, I didn't even step foot in 7-11. I went home, grabbed a handful of pretzels, and passed out in my bed. 


So I'm pretty happy with myself. Nights out are usually the nights that make me lose all control of a diet, and then in the morning I always hate myself for it. But I didn't last night, so I'm proud. 


Today is a new day! Time to eat healthy, drink lots of water, and exercise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment