Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Productive day

Hi guys! So today I started taking pictures of the food I was eating, taking a lesson from my fellow food bloggers. It made making all my meals a little bit more interesting kind of, because it kind of made me think about making them look nice. Haha I know that sounds silly, but it also made me a little bit more excited to eat! 


I did pretty good today. I haven't been feeling too well the past few days, I have a little sinus infection, so that's why I haven't been updating much. Today, whenever I ate, I ate slowly and tried to enjoy each bite. And my dinner tonight was so yummy and satisfying that I actually didn't even need seconds! 



For breakfast I made myself some oatmeal with Craisins, fresh blueberries, walnuts and a little maple syrup. I usually leave the oatmeal to my mom for weekend mornings, because she makes it so good, but I have to say it was delish! The maple syrup gave it a nice little sweetness and it was so packed with yummy add-ins that it didn't taste plain at all. Plus, it filled me up and kept me full for a while.



As a snack I had these little guys (took the recipe from that 100-calorie snack cookbook). They were SO SO SO yummy and both of them are 100 calories together. I def recommend this snack! It was filling, sweet and sugary, and so good. Here's how their made: 2 thin slices of apple, 2 tsp of peanut butter, cut up banana slices, blueberries, and 1/8 tsp each of sugar and cinnamon. You just put the peanut butter on the apple, put the bananas on top, sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon on there, and then add the blueberries. Ta-da! A yummy little snack!



Lunch was a little later in the afternoon, and I just had some Amy's Organic Lentil Soup. I love Amy's soups because their vegetarian and usually vegan, and their the best canned soups I've ever had. For a long time, I was scarred by memories of watery Campbells and Progresso soups that had no taste, so I stopped eating canned soups despite how easy and fast they are. But Amy's is awesome because it's tasty, healthy, organic and vegetarian! I love the Lentil soup, it's so hearty and satisfying. I had some Bagel Chips on the side to dip in.



And I just LOVED my dinner tonight. I made whole wheat pasta with Swiss chard and broccoli. It was my first time making and eating Swiss chard, and I really loved it - definitely the new vegetable staple in my house. It's like spinach and escarole, but a little bit more satisfying and filling. It was great with the pasta - very, very good! I loved the whole meal. I made it for myself because my mom made chicken cutlets for the rest of the family... but everyone ended up being pretty jealous of my little dinner =)

I snacked on a few things in between lunch and dinner, I had a handful of mini rice cakes and a Smartfood popcorn 100-calorie bag, but I think that was it. So over all, I think I did good today! The only thing I'm bummed about is that I didn't go to the gym. I just haven't been feeling well all week, Monday I even left my internship early, and I really want to get better. Plus, I spent over 3 hours cleaning and organizing my room today! But I still should have gone... I promise I will make up for that though!

For the rest of the night, I will probably be watching re-runs of Lost! I can't wait until the new season comes on, I'm really obsessed with that show! I might stop at the bar my friends are going to and grab a glass of red wine - just 1 though, and only for like an hour, because I have to be up early tomorrow for the internship.

Goodnight everybody!


1 comment:

  1. Love that snack idea!! I just might steal it! :)
    - Jil

    ReplyDelete