Tuesday, January 19, 2010

last night

Good morning! I just wanted to write about the end of my day yesterday really quickly...

I ended up having to stay at the Us Weekly office until 7:20. Eeek. I had to stay later than normal (I usually get out at 6ish) to do a very stereotypical intern duty - get the editors coffee. It sucks, but every Monday 2 interns have to stay later to go to the Starbucks 2 blocks away and pick up coffee for the editors, since they need to stay way later to finish the issue. Since I had to stay later, I had to refuel with some coffee, but I didn't get it from Starbucks. I opted for Bread Market coffee, since a medium is only .89 cents, as compared to Starbucks $5! And since I knew I wouldn't make it home for dinner until around 9, I had to have a little snack, so I searched the vending machine until I found something relatively healthy (and probably the healthiest thing in there), honey wheat pretzel sticks.

I got home at 9, and my wonderful mother had dinner waiting for me. She made me whole wheat pasta with broccoli rabe, and it was DELISH! I couldn't even finish the whole bowl it was so filling, and it was very yummy. And the best thing was that I had nothing else to eat the rest of the night.

Today I had planned on going to the gym in the morning, but reconsidered and got my shift at Outback covered so I could go in the afternoon. I'm really sick of Outback and probably going to look for new jobs today.

Also, today I have the time and luxury to take pictures of what I'm eating. Woohoo! So there will be a long post with pictures tonight.


Oh wait! My mom picked this book up yesterday, Cook This, Not That. It's really crazy to read! There are so many helpful tips in there. Some of the things they say not to eat are really surprising. I've read the other ones, Eat This Not That, but this one is cool because it gives you recipes. It compares the recipes to dishes in well-known restaurants, including Outback. When I saw the calorie count of some of the restaurant food, I almost had a heart attack thinking about how I've eaten it before and thought I was eating something relatively healthy. Anyway it's a fun book, I'm sure I'll try some of the recipes.

1 comment:

  1. Ohh, you intern at UsWeekly?? How cool! I loove Eat This Not That. I actually subscribe to their emails and follow them on Twitter. They're through Men's Health, but they are awesome! and yay for a homemade dinner! Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete