Friday, January 8, 2010

motivation, motivation!

Okay so I lied and did not wake up bright and early this morning for Step class or Total Body. I actually slept through my 9 am alarm (something that probably had to do with waking up at 6:30 am yesterday then working until 6:30 with 1 cup of coffee and no naps). You know when your so exhausted you barely remember pressing the off button? Yeah, that's what I did. Instead, I woke up at 11, feeling slightly dazed and confused... and then very disappointed that I had slept through both classes - the night before I was actually looking forward to taking them! 


Now, usually, my routine after missing the morning classes would be: nothing. I would make breakfast, watch a little TV, and probably take a nap before my waitressing job. But today, I didn't do that! I actually went downstairs and popped in the new workout DVD I got for Christmas, Denise Austin's Cardio Blast. Ah, the powers of motivation! 




I have to say, I really liked it. She wasn't that annoying, and it was pretty fun. It was all cardio, which I normally don't do - I usually add in weights. But this had kickboxing and dancing and stuff like that. The only annoying thing was to watch her and the other perfect girls go along to the tape, their hair staying neatly in place (not even in a ponytail) and not a drop of sweat appearing on any of them. Meanwhile, I'm wearing old Jones Beach shorts and a see through t-shirt, my hair in a gross, greasy ponytail, and sweat dripping off every inch of my body. Oh well! 


So I did that for about 45 minutes, and thought it was a pretty decent workout. Much better than doing nothing, that's for sure! 


What I Ate Today: (So far) 
Breakfast: 
-1 whole egg and 2 egg whites, scrambled and mixed with spinach and a little red pepper. (See, told you I liked that recipe!) also, 1 apple and a cup of Chai tea. The Chai tea probably wasn't the best idea, cause I added a lot of sugar =/ 


Snack:  
-fruit smoothie, taken out of my 100-calorie Snack book... so it was only 100 calories! It's pretty yummy and I would definitely make it again, so here's the recipe if you're interested: 
Blend together 5 frozen or unfrozen strawberries, 1 kiwi chopped up, 1 teaspoon of shredded coconut, and 1/4 cup of orange juice. It doesn't make that much, but you see, I always think I need a big smoothie and never end up finishing it! So this ended up being perfect. 


Lunch: 
-1 bowl of that leftover amazing minestrone soup I made a few nights ago. Still just as yummy! 


Now I have to go to stupid work. I guess I've never really written about what I do.... so I will quickly now. I'm a waitress at Outback Steakhouse, where I've worked for over 3 years. I give Outback a lot of credit for making me gain weight. In case you've never been to an Outback, we have amazing bread, just so you know. That bread is also over 1,000 calories. That doesn't stop hungry employees from eating a whole one by themselves... something I admit I've done way too many times. Also, I worked there before I stopped eating meat, and since we work such weird hours (right through dinner time and until kind of late), I started eating dinner there all the time... fried coconut shrimp, chicken fingers, steaks, mashed potatoes, Buffalo chicken... you name it, I ate it. Not to mention the coffee I used to get everyday before work: a medium caramel latte from Dunkin Donuts, which I don't even want to KNOW the calorie count of. Oh, and the drinking after work... sugary cocktails at Applebees after a night of dealing with angry customers? I was always there. 


But I stopped eating meat over 2 years ago and so I also stopped eating everything at Outback. Except for the bread. But in the last few months, I've stopped that also. And I no longer get those caramel lattes everyday - I mean seriously, what was I THINKING? 


Anyway, I also want a real career working for a fashion magazine, so I've recently started interning at Us Weekly magazine. I don't get paid, I actually pay to get in the city to work there, but I absolutely love it. It takes up a lot of time, so I've cut my hours at Outback... thank God because I'm getting completely sick of that place! 


Anyway, that was a little about me! Time to get ready for work though... boooooo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment